Another Kitchen Update, With Pictures.
I took a few new pictures of the kitchen this morning.
(Sorry, too lazy to retake it due to blur. Henry was grabbing my legs.)
None of those things in the floor are mine, that’s all contractor junk. I just love that we have to step around nails, saws, nail gun, etc. Very safe for babies and children.
Let’s move on to the exquisite drywall work. Now keep in mind they tore down the walls completely and rebuilt them from scratch, framing and drywall, and yesterday they painted.
Here’s a newly installed plug. Note, to the right there’s also a weird bubbled up spot. I’m not sure if that’s because their new wall has a leak or they just screwed something up when putting it all together.
We’ve also got a big ol’ hole here under the cabinets. If they were going to fix that they surely would have done so before painting, right?
New ceiling they built and painted.
My favorite: The new counters!!
Notice something funny? Anyone?
Again, I need to remind you this is brand new drywall they installed that you’re seeing, not an old patched up wall. (And I’m not sure what’s up with the nail holes on the window border. Note, instead of using any kind of nice windowsill type things they just nailed up boards to frame the window and painted them white. Like 1×4 and 2×4 planks of cheap wood…)
In this part the walls (new walls they built from the ground up, by the way) aren’t level. They lean backwards towards the top. So the flat countertops won’t go flush against the wall.
Cannot. Stop. Laughing.
Last, but surely not least, here is the new linoleum that they ripped when scooting the counters/stove/dishwasher into place. (And another view of their junk in the middle of the floor, of course…)
Did I mention the cigarette butts they left in the basement next to the circuit breaker? My kid has asthma. (Rosie!) And so does my husband. We do not smoke in our house, or frequent places that have a lot of smoke because it causes them serious issues with breathing!
That guy who sanded and painted yesterday after letting himself in the door with one of the keys left me a huge mess too. This is our electric skillet.
I’m so pissed about that. I would have moved it if I’d known.
Tyler called the property manager and basically ripped him a new one. Of course the useless property manager only said two sentences. He said he was flabbergasted that it wasn’t fixed yet and this was still going on, and he said he would check into it.
Ugh. Way to do your job, man.
Eight days until we close on our new house!!