Ok well maybe not the very worst, but still.
The IRS didn’t send an important paper. When the mortgage company called about it today the IRS said there is a delay due to hacking and they won’t be able to mail this paper until the 10th of June.
And no, there is no other way we can get it other than the official mailed paper from the IRS. :(
We’ve already paid for trucks and movers to come on Saturday because we really had no other choice–we couldn’t wait to reserve them any longer since things were booking up for the summer, and Quicken was certain that June 5th would be fine for closing since everything was in order except this one paper. The agent said the IRS doesn’t normally take this long.
Why am I cursed? Can anything ever go smoothly for me???
So now we are waiting to see if the sellers will agree to rent us the house for the next couple of weeks until that missing paper shows up.
If they say no I’m not sure what we will do. We’re screwed. We’ve already paid for the moving truck and movers, we’ve already bought plane tickets for Tyler to fly from Columbus to Atlanta to pick up Igor and then back up to Columbus on the 12th. We’ve already packed almost everything in the house.
I’m kind of freaking out over here.
We should hear back from the seller’s about their decision tonight or tomorrow.
You’d think they would be fine renting the house for a few weeks without any liability on their part for repairs should something break, but that would be way too easy of a solution for the way my life works. I’m sure it will be the worst case scenario, that they will refuse to do it and we’ll just be stuck.
My stomach is in knots.